Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sprouts and first spring flowers!


My gourd seeds are sprouting, much sooner than I expected. I'm so relieved that I didn't cause them to rot by soaking them for two days instead of one! I planted three seeds and have two big sprouts...

 ... and one little one! It's just about ready to poke out.

Spring is springing here, slowly. We're getting a lot of cold then warm then cold again weather. My early flowers are starting to show themselves though.


 This is our little patch of crocus. It started out as a single flower blooming in the middle of the lawn the first few years we lived here. I have no idea who planted a single crocus bulb in the middle of the lawn or why- maybe a squirrel?- but it comes up every year, and lately has been multiplying. About three years ago we got two blooms, then three, and last year we had four. This year we have eleven!
And the Wolf's Bane is up as well. Every year I want to get a picture, and every year I put it off because it's too cold, and then the blooms are gone. I finally got one this year! Usually the little yellow blooms are poking out of a blanket of snow, but we've had a mild winter this year.

Happy Farming! And Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment